NEW YORK (January 14, 2013)- WEDO is currently seeking a Finance Manager to manage its annual operating budget. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Finance Manager is responsible for managing WEDO’s day-to-day financial, accounting and administrative operations. The Finance Manager works closely with a small international staff, as well as WEDO’s international Board of Directors, liaising regularly with the Board Treasurer. Click here to download the full job description.
- Oversee fiscal policies and procedures, budgeting, audits, and financial management for the organization.
- Maintain and update all accounting records using Fund EZ and Excel. Allocate expenses to diverse funding sources to ensure compliance with funders and to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
- Coordinate with staff to prepare and modify the annual budget and revenue and expense reporting, as well as to develop and manage project budgets (for current grants, proposals and reporting.)
- Perform analytical work and prepare all required documents and reports in preparation for the annual independent audit and tax returns, as well as for project-specific audits, as necessary. Serve as liaison with WEDO’s independent auditors. Ensure organizational compliance with all regulatory tax filing and audit requirements. Prepare for project audits, as needed.
- Prepare internal and external financial reports to the Director, Board and funders. Prepare financial statements, including statement of financial position, revenue/expenses and cash flow analysis reports on a monthly basis.
- Maintain current cash balance reports for transfer of funds from investment account to operating account.
- Manage business relationships with banks and other financial institutions.
- Process domestic and international payments, receivables, and cash receipts processed by checks, electronically or wire transfer.
- Assist the Director, as necessary, in managing lease agreements and the relationships/agreements related to the office premises.
- Serve as human resource coordinator, which includes employee benefits and retirement funds administration. Negotiate renewal of health and other insurances with broker(s). Keep current records of employees’, consultants’ and partners’ files and provide information as requested by government agencies, such as the Internal Revenue Service, verification of employment and salary requested by banks, prospective landlords, and others.
- Process payroll online using Paychex.
- Recruit and supervise finance assistants/interns to ensure smooth operations of the office and computer systems.
To apply: Please submit cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com by January 31, 2013. Please specify “Finance Manager application” in the email subject. Only email applications will be accepted; incomplete applications will not be considered. No calls, please.