WEDO is very excited to take part in the following CSW Learning Circle on Gender and Climate Change, co-sponsored by the GGCA and the NGO CSW Forum 2012.
March 5, 12:30-2pm at the Church Center, 2nd floor
777 UN Plaza (44th Street & 1st Ave.)
Click here to download flyer.
Special Guest respondents include Mrs. Mary Robinson, President, Mary Robinson Foundation – Climate
Justice, Hon. Lulu Xingwana, Minister of Women, Children and People with Disabilities, South Africa and
Dr. Feng Min, UNISDR.
WELCOME – Soon-Young Yoon, Chair, NGO CSW NY
OVERVIEW of Learning Circles – Nathalie Eddy, Coordinator, GGCA
INTRODUCTION to Gender and Climate Change – Eleanor Blomstrom, WEDO
Learning Circle topics: (participants may join two learning circles)
1. Mitigation (facilitated by Gail Karlsson, ENERGIA and Asha Singh, WOCAN)
2. Adaptation (facilitated by Lucy Wanjiru, UNDP)
3. Advocacy (facilitated by Rachel Harris, WEDO)
4. Finance (facilitated by Sarah Twigg, UN Women)
5. Risk reduction (facilitated by Dr. Feng Min, UNISDR)
6. Grassroots community strategies (facilitated by Maite Rodriquez, Huairou Commission)
Discussion and respondents