A just world that promotes and protects human rights, gender equality and the integrity of the environment.
To advance feminist leadership and solutions towards a just and healthy planet for all.
Conditions for Transformation
What conditions need to exist in order for WEDO’s vision to be realized?
- Leadership at all levels is diverse, representative, feminist and intersectional;
- Policies center ecological health, human rights and gender justice;
- Feminist solutions to creating a regenerative economy are implemented across countries and communities;
- Fundamental human rights, including the right to food, water, land, housing, healthcare
and education are universally realized;
- Bodily autonomy and sexual and reproductive health and rights for all are
WEDO creates change through the following strategic approaches:
- Advocacy and Influence: Engage in policy processes to ensure policy and actions center gender equality and sustainable development
- Capacity Building and Training: Build capacity and facilitate space for women/ feminists to exercise their political voice, power and influence at local, national and international levels
- Knowledge Production and Outreach: Build and maintain knowledge base related to feminist analysis and approaches to implementing gender equality, women’s human rights, environmental and climate justice across geographies and sociopolitical environments
- Redistribute Resources: Support coalition partners to engage in global advocacy and undertake local and regional advocacy activities via sub–grants
Download WEDO’s 2021-2024 Strategic Plan here.