United Nations Headquarters, New York
Conference Room 4
Participants are kindly invited to be seated by 2.15pm.
Organized by the UN-DESA Secretariat of the Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues of the Division for Social Policy and Development
In cooperation with the Office of the President of the General Assembly, the UN-DESA Division for Sustainable Development and the Secretariat of the United Nations Forum on Forests, the United Nations Environment Programme as well as the United Confederation of Taino Peoples, the Tribal Link Foundation, Franciscans International, the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate, the Sunray Meditation Society, the Temple of Understanding, VIVAT and Passionists International.
Moderator: Mr. Tariq Banuri, Director of the Division for Sustainable Development
1. Ceremonial Invocation
2. The President of the General Assembly, H.E. Mr. Miguel d’Escoto Brockmann
3. The President of the Plurinational State of Bolivia, H.E. Mr. Evo Morales Ayma
4. Cultural Presentation
5. Expert Panel:
• Mr. Tariq Banuri, Director of the Division for Sustainable Development
• Ms. Juanita Castano, Director of the United Nations Environment Programme, New York Liaison Office
• Mr. Leonardo Boff, Emeritus Professor of Ethics, Philosophy of Religion and Ecology at the Rio de Janeiro State University
• Ms. Maude Barlow, National Chairperson of the Council of Canadians
• Ms. Thanh Xuan Nguyen, Executive Director of Women’s Environment and Development Organization
• Ms. Jan McAlpine, Director of the United Nations Forum on Forests Secretariat
Those who do not hold UN grounds passes should contact Sandrine Cardon (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday 20 April at 3 pm.
This information is also available on UNPFII website: