Bonn, Germany, June 13, 2011 – GGCA, in partnership with the Government of Finland, IUCN, the Mary Robinson Foundation – Climate Justice (MRFCJ), Oxfam, UNDP, UNEP and the Women’s Environment and Development Organization (WEDO), organized a UNFCCC side event entitled Women and Climate Finance – Past Experiences Inspiring Future Funds.
The event, chaired by Mary Robinson (former President of Ireland), focused on lessons learned through mainstreaming gender in development funds and considered how these experiences can serve as a foundation for integrating gender equality and women’s empowerment into climate finance mechanisms.
- Ms. Karoliina Anttonen, Senior Policy Officer, Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland (presentation)
- Mr. Martin Hession, Chair, CDM Executive Board
- Dr. Veerle Vandeweerd, Director, Environment and Energy Group, UNDP
- Dr. Boni Biagini, Head, Climate Change Adaptation Strategy and Operations, GEF (presentation)
- Dr. Annette Windmeisser, Member, CIF Trust Fund Committee
- Mr. Richard Muyungi, Member, Adaptation Fund Board (presentation)
- Ms. Cate Owren, Executive Director, WEDO