Today, WEDO will speak on a panel to discuss the issue of human rights, women’s rights and the right to water. WEDO is proud to be part of this distinguished panel of experts. Follow, @WEDO_Worldwide on Twitter for live updates from the event.
Friday, March 2, 2012
2:30 – 4:00 p.m.
Salvation Army – Auditorium
221 East 52nd Street (between 2nd and 3rd Ave)
Click here to download flyer.
• Government of Sierra Leone – Hon. Stephen Gaojia, Minister for Social Welfare, Gender and Children’s Affairs
• UN Special Rapporteur on Right to Water & Sanitation – Ms. Catarina De Albuquerque – Statement
• Isis International – Ms. Lalen de Vela
• MADRE – Ms. Diana Duarte, Communications Director
• WASH-Net – Water, Sanitation & Hygiene Network – Sierra Leone – Mr. Musa Ansumana Soko, National Chairman
• Gender & Water Alliance – Ms. Joke Muylwijk, Executive Director
• Food & Water Watch – Ms. Marcela Olivera, Latin American Coordinator & Visiting Global Associate -Center for Women’s Global Leadership, Rutgers University
• PWESCR – Programme on Economic, Social & Cultural Rights – Ms. Priti Darooka, Executive Director
• WEDO – Women’s Environment & Development Organization – Ms. Cate Owren, Executive Director
• Women’s UN Report Network – WUNRN Power Point on Global Dimensions of Women & Water -Ms. Lois A. Herman, Coordinator
Ms. Nyaradzayi Gumbonzvanda, World YWCA General Secretary – President, NGO Committee on the Status of Women Geneva